The following article is reprinted from the Thursday, July 22, 1943m, Delta County Independent
Mrs. Clarence Perry of Hotchkiss is Seriously Burned
Mrs. Clarence Perry of Hotchkiss was seriously burned, yesterday when she inadvertently used gasoline instead of kerosene to start a kitchen fire. It is feared the burns may prove fatal.
Mrs. Perry’s husband, who is an airplane pilot and instructor, is at present engaged in ferrying planes to Britain. The Perry’s were residents of Delta, but Mrs. Perry and her children returned to Hotchkiss to live about two months ago, during the absence of her husband. She is the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Leon Hotchkiss.